Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Jergens Soothing Aloe Lotion Review

Aloe Vera and Cucumber Lotion

Among the available variants of Jergens in sample room, I chose this lotion because of the word “soothing” and “aloe” from the bottle. I also presume it to be the safest pick and hopefully not their heaviest product.

Whenever a balikbayan box arrives with a Jergens pasalubong in it, I let the other family member use them and just buy a different brand for myself. I did use their lotion naman during those early teen days where my skin started to demand some hydration. I only stopped because the heaviness becomes apparent in my skin and it stresses the hairs in my arms.

I was very horrified when a friend said it made her more balbunin. That statement had a huge impact. It’s something quite embarrassing during the academic years especially when a friend keeps on noticing and teasing. But it was just a silly notion before; childish and immature.

Jergens Bottle

The lotion. The scent is similar to my favorite Vaseline Aloe Lotion. This light lotion still adequately hydrates the skin. It dries like how normal lotion does. It doesn’t leave the skin some residues since most of it is absorbed by the skin. I only apply it once and it’s enough for the whole day. The gentle scent still lingers after. It’s strange that even if it's lightweight, I don’t feel that dry in an air conditioned room.

Trying this lotion made me realize that Jergens lotions are not all heavy.

Cucumber
Cucumber, like other fruits/plants, seems one of those being promoted way too far. I appreciate its use for the eyes but I’m skeptical in the rest of its beauty claims. Not a bad idea if the fruit is consumed internally though. A huge part of this fruit is mostly water but it also has caffeic acid, ascorbic acid, anti-oxidants, vitamin K, silica, fiber, potassium, magnesium and more.

Lotion cream
Pros:
- A lotion that suits a hot humid weather.
- Affordable and works just fine for its price.

Cons:
- Coolness is not very noticeable.
- A regular lotion
- Has parabens.

The lotion has a little hint of greenish color that could either came from a related ingredient or a synthetic coloring? The bottle doesn’t stand out with its dirty white color packaging. I wish they will change it.

Ingredients of Jergens Aloe Lotion

When it comes to really soothing my skin, I still prefer using a powder or vinegar. The real aloe vera plant doesn’t actually have a pleasant smell.

Recommend?
For everyday lotion, yes. If this product meets your expectations, then this will do.

Repurchase?
No. Can be a fine alternative for light body lotion though and who knows I might repurchase.

Rate: 4/5


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...