Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Lorax




THE LORAX
Cartoon

Casts:
Ted – Zac Efron
Lorax
Once-ler
Audrey – Taylor Swift

My Rate:
Slightly above average

Recommend:
Yes. For kids. Doesn’t have aggressive scenes.

I consider this cartoon a long movie. 1 and 20 minutes is too lengthy for it. I want something story pack, I want more adventure, twist and fun. Nonetheless this story is just fine for younger kids. There are cartoons that pass my taste despite of my age and hopefully I can find more. Well this one is not.

I let my little sister watch with me. As I noticed she was laughing, not bad. At least she found it amusing.


I have this feeling the title don’t suit well since the Lorax is not the main character and its role is not that very influential in the story. I’ll just address it as him. However I find him charming especially when the last tree was chopped. Take a look at him. A sharp sense of sadness penetrated my reserved emotion.


Nice graphics. Passed.

I will not go in the details of summarizing the story, that requires tons of brain energy. It took me half of story before it struck on me that Tree is the really main topic in the story. Absent minded mind.

Please breathe responsibly

Furry meatloaf

So cute.. ^_^

You have been warned. I was deceived by the thought of it. I was expecting something magical, something extraordinary. Silly. Nothing really happened. So the Lorax just went like an extra movie character.

Thumbs up for the fish with soundtrack of James Bond. I find them cute and funny. But still nothing can beat the mischievous minions funny exploit.

Moral Lesson:
Keep your promises.
Don’t cut trees.
Temptation will eventually become uncontrollable once you start to set your foot into it.

“I know it may seem small and insignificant, but it’s not about what it is, it’s about what it can become”
-Beanpole

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.
-Dr.  Seuss

This was the quote that has been displayed in the end of the story. Bad thing I can’t understand. Mind to share?

Buzz:
After some researching, I found out the Lorax is originally a children’s book. No wonder I find the title odd. An audio book is also available and also according to wikipedia, a sequel is being considered.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...