Monday, September 9, 2013

Sophie Martin Summer Pink Lipstick



My sophie lipstick came right after my old lipstick got fully exhausted. It took me a rough estimate of 2 weeks before I got it from the reseller. The saleslady keep on telling me that I’ll have it the other day. Some tale? I almost gave up checking it out.

I got Summer Pink for 85pesos. They were uncertain how to price it since the brochure got lost. They told me that I can avail a 25% discount if I am a member so they gave me a form of Personal Collection to fill. I am reluctant to join since I am oblivious from the pros and cons that comes with it. The PC form alone will give you discounts to all brands they’re part of like avon, sophie and etc. I wonder why…

Smell
It has a mild smell like the powdered milk used by infants

When I looked closely, I saw tiny glittery stuff that I doubt would be obvious once worn. The lipstick is very hard to apply on the lips since it isn’t creamy. It’s very drying that I wanted to put another stuff to moisten my lips but was afraid of ruining the color.

I wanted to even it out but unfortunately, I got dull lips like a smoker. It’s even a bit grayish. Someone even said that I look ill, so I really have to put something on my lips especially if I’m on work. I even wonder if I need a lip concealer or should I bleach or scrub my lips. I still have a lot to know about girl stuff.

I believe summer pink shade doesn’t compliment me well. I might look fair sometimes, but I believe I am warm toned. I got a light yellowish type of skin, not like those of American or Korean type of skin. I even don’t know if it’s just the Spanish blood being dominant or this is really the Filipino skin that I have. This shade will only look good to me once I am outside in a sunny day because that is when I will have the illusion of being cool toned.

Verdict.
This shade doesn’t suit those who have a yellowish complexion. It doesn’t look good to me too since I don’t have a radiant and healthy looking skin. A matte lipstick will look good for a dewy skin while shiny lipstick will look good to a powder finished face.  My dark circles also messed with my face, maybe I need to conceal it so that the focus will be diverted to my eyes .

My slightly gray lips prevented, though slightly, the supposedly bright look of this lipstick on the lips.

I like the shade but it’s not for me. :(


Sophie Martin Summer Pink Lipstick



Update: 10-24-13

Though it's not an everyday lipstick, it never became a waste. I mix it up with a darker shade lip gloss. I realized I’m better with gloss than matte alone.


2 comments:

  1. What are you talking about? It looks great on you kaya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it looks fine to me when light is abundant... daylight.. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...