Monday, June 1, 2015

Ship Your Phone Through LBC

Sharing you my own experience of sending a cellphone through LBC.

I’m still not comfortable of sending valuable packages like cellphones, other gadgets, etc. with our local couriers. It never occurred to me that I will be sending a phone someday.

They are closed every Sunday (check their schedule posted in their main door since it might vary with each branch). Even if the branch is open, there’s no delivery on Saturday. If you sent it on that day, it will arrive on Monday instead of Sunday.

Due to procrastination, I rushed to LBC before their cut off time (this will determine if your product will be delivered exactly the next day or the day after that) only to find out that they don’t have a cut off time on Saturdays. It makes sense because they have 6 working days and a rest day. The cut off time is around 3:00pm on Monday-Friday.

I’m relieved that the branch I’ve went didn’t throw the parcels (similar to throwing a ball) in the crates like what I’ve seen before.

Turning blind eyes?

I heard the experiences of other people about opening the packages for inspection. Even though they don’t do that regularly with my past transactions with them, I didn’t fully close the bubble wrap yet. I placed the phone box in the counter and they didn’t say anything so I started taping the bubble wrap in front of them. I felt really stupid that when I hand it to them, that’s the only time they’ve said they will open it for inspection. Isn’t that annoying?. They will fasten naman daw yet I didn’t like how it is packed after.

Tip: Check if the smartphone is properly turned off.

They have opened everything that obviously contains something. Sad to say, they seems confident not to return it very nicely or not so close to the way I have packed it. (Though I know they’re notorious for that) It almost broke my heart to see my parcel like that. The box became almost bulky that I prayed it could stand the journey unharmed and intact considering that the phone is located in the uppermost of the box.

I hope they will improve how they label their fragile items too. They’ve only use a pentel pen and wrote “fragile” in the plastic.

Price of Shipment

They will ask you the price of your phone and they will base the fee from that. From regular P150+ shipping fee, I paid P225.

Oh anyway, I asked them where to buy bubble wrap. They gave me a name of an establishment but you can buy in a store that sells school supplies.

Do share your experiences with sending fragile items through LBC...


16 comments:

  1. I have never ship gadgets thru LBC but i I have tried shipping through ohter channels like the small couriers which the online sellers partner with. Their service charge is way cheaper and its door to door. They will even ask if the items are Fragile for them to label it properly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also not comfortable of sending gadgets thru courier if ever I'll have that experience. Though I must say it's really hassle free. I received an mp3 and a phone through LBC from a client before and so far, both were in nice packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I buy lots of stuff online (electronics and non-electronics) and most of these items are shipped through LBC. So far, I never had a bad experience with this courier, or any other courier in our country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This resonates with my own feelings about sending valuables through couriers. In the past I've had a few of my packages never reaching their intended destinations and some reached alright, but with some kind of dent or broken feature. These days i try to look for people travelling to places i want to send a package and simply have them deliver it in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm mostly noticing now, almost all my packages have dent. I wonder how they ship those parcels, how they place it in their delivery cars that it seems that it's always suffering from something heavy above it.

      Delete
  5. I haven't tried shipping valuable items. specially with local carriers. I have been using LBC though for my balibayan boxes, so far wala pa naman naging problema :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're generally good naman kasi Mommy Pehpot. It's just that there are those who are unlucky.

      Delete
  6. I haven't tried to ship parcels especially gadgets through LBC. We usually use them for documents. I have heard disappointing stories and their lack of customer service once something goes wrong with the package. I just really don't understand why can't the LBC team properly place the packages - document or parcel - to their crates. Why do they have to throw it, noh? What's so hard in standing up and putting it properly in there? Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lack of supervision? Proper training? or they don't care since they're protected with their terms and condition. I hope that they would somehow improve internally. Make their employees dedicated to their company.

      Delete
  7. How much the rate of a phone if from Philippine to qatar

    ReplyDelete
  8. How much shipping fee for I Phone 6S from Khobar to Philippines.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How munch rate sending phone from cavite to bulacan. Samsung j 7 prime.

    ReplyDelete
  10. how much po ang rate pag ang cost ng phone is 7k? tnx po

    ReplyDelete
  11. How much i send phone kuwait to philippine

    ReplyDelete
  12. howuch rate of phone if manila to mindanao

    ReplyDelete
  13. Got somehow the same experience yesterday when I went to LBC and JRS, they dont dont a bubble wrap so, I bought my own. Was told that the shipping fee is P380 from one branch and P400+ on the other one, this is from Mindanao to Luzon..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...