Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Searching Oven for Polymer Clay

I’ve gotten busy recently. Sort of adjusting in new work, I mean just the task. I even had no time for my programming again. Sigh. I am trying to be careful too. And yes I am so unorganized… a little bit of blue strikes me on those ill-favored times.

But here’s something that raises my spirit, Polymer Clay Art. No, I'm not yet making...

I saw ovens ranging from P800-P1200 in my first oven window shopping. And so, I did set my target price there. However, this second attempt, I stumble into this oven thermometer and Kyowa convection oven. I get acquainted with some I believe fundamental information about ovens. I even realized how little I know about ovens

Oven thermometer = P240
Kyowa convectional oven – P2500.

What is convection anyway?
Physics. the transfer of heat by the circulation or movement of the heated parts of a liquid or gas. [1]

The staff assisted me, and explained some of the oven they have. He said that I can do multiple things with convection oven such as baking and stuff I cannot remember while I can only toast in toaster oven. I also learned about the top, bottom and rear grill elements. I’m so naïve right? During that time, I felt like my only choice was to buy that Kyowa convection oven. But after doing some internet research, maybe I would just stick in a simple toaster oven and sort of buy a cheap but known brand. Besides, I am only a beginner and buying an expensive convection oven feels so unpractical especially the one I will be buying in the future would be clay dedicated only.



I don't have a photographic memory yet if my memory doesn't fail me, this is how the oven looks like, particularly the one that I have just saw.

Upon your search in oven, you might stumble with Rotisserie. Rotisserie is a style of roasting where meat is skewered on a spit - a long solid rod used to hold food while it is being cooked over a fire in a fireplace or over a campfire, or roasted in an oven. [2] If I'm not mistaken, it's the horizontal steel at the center of the oven.

Thing Learned?
I didn’t know at first that there are different kinds of ovens. But I have already felt and noticed those differences before, I just didn’t mind. Research :)

References:
1. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/convection
2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotisserie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...