Sunday, January 25, 2015

Staying Awake and Mini Goals

Alarm Clock

I always stay late at night to maximize my day. Just few sleeps comes another week and that only amplifies the shortness of each day. If we compare ourselves with other people's achievements and success with our idleness, it can pressure us. Yet when we're given long vacations, the long rest and lack of plans is another waste. It's the busy life that makes us moving, the hard part is we become dependent of it and it controls us. Sometimes, it's about money.

And so, when I stay late at night, it means having a hard time waking up early. I can't help it. Though I agree that it's harder to focus at night due to different distractions. It's not really very productive. It's just a false assurance but with little or no accomplishment.

The question is, do I really want to wake up early? Even if I believe that rising early is the first step to success, it's not enough. There are things that makes us not want to face what awaits the next day or it might be just an escape from sad realities in life.

Most of the time I regret sleeping. Imagine how many equivalent days of the year are spent sleeping. That could be 1/3 or 4 months every year.

Dilemmas:

It's hard to wake up during weekends.
Being physically tired makes it harder to wake up the next day.

Goals:

Sleep 6-7 hours a day.
Have a consistent time for sleeping and waking up.
A ready plan of activities for the next morning.
Drink a hot tea/milk after waking up.
Use my alarm clock.
Before I succumb into slumber, remind myself of my plans and the need to wake up early.
Make sure my bag is ready to pick up.
Write 3 good reason to look forward for the next day.


Do you have some struggles when it comes to sleeping too? If yes, how do you deal with it?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...