Friday, January 2, 2015

Review | Cetaphil Daylong SPF 50 Face and Body Gel

If you don't want to experience sunburn, use a lotion with SPF (sun protection factor). Don't cook yourself. Go to a shade once in a while, cool yourself and reapply sunscreen. I still don't prefer a product with SPF for everyday lotion considering the load of synthetic chemicals it has.

But yes, I will still buy a lotion with SPF for protection. I still realize the need of it during occasions where extreme exposure to sunlight is inevitable.

Cetaphil Daylong SPF 50 Face and Body Gel tube

This face and body gel feels more like a cream than a gel. It looks yellowish and runny. Once applied in the face, it leaves it looking shiny and almost greasy. Once you pat your face with powder, there isn't any issue of oiliness and it's even comfortable for the rest of the day.

The kind of plastic used in the tube attracts dirt and doesn't have a luster like typical plastics. It can end up very dirty and quite embarrassing to bring. You can wipe it with alcohol to make it look better.

Plastic Seal

The cap, when opened, is always messy. I keep wiping it inside with tissue. I prefer a pump or tube with nozzle considering its consistency for easier control. It has a leaflet inside and all the labels are written nicely.

This gel offer protection for both UVB and UVA rays. SPF 50+ is for UVB rays that helps prevent skin burning while PA++++ is for UVA rays that cause internal damage such as wrinkles and cancer.

Yellow spf cream

When it comes to sunscreen, applying liberally is important so as not to reduce its effectiveness. Because sunscreen can wear off, it is crucial to reapply every 2 hours. Avoiding too much exposure to direct sunlight is still wiser.

The scent and how it feels when applied in the skin reminds me of Elmer's Glue even if it's not really that sticky. Distributing it evenly needs some effort. I realized that it might be the product's way to help make the thickness right enough for the protection it offers.

Ingredients of Cetaphil SPF 50

Pros:
Good for oily skin.
Doesn't trigger oiliness.
It has Vitamin E.
Claims to be very water resistant.
It gives my arms a very healthy glow.

Cons:
Messy tube.

Since I m already fair, I still look natural even if it makes my face whiter. One night though, my brother said my face looks pimple free but is whiter compared to my arms. Since it has that tendency, my arms needs whitening too or I need to reduce what I apply in my face (such a foundation etc.).

Recommend? Yes

Repurchase? Possibly yes.

Rate: 4.5/5



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...