Friday, March 7, 2014

Veet Hair Removal Cream for Sensitive Skin Review

Veet Hair Removal Cream package

Way back 3 years ago and the year before that, you cannot just find Veet easily. Now, even if you live in the province, Mercury Drugstore makes it within reach. I know because I used to search for it.

Veet is a cream used to remove hair if you don’t want to shave. I chose the smallest box of blue shade for sensitive skin. I test a small amount on my skin prior to my usage to check for a possible allergy reaction. After taking a bath, I applied it on my right leg and left it on my skin for 8 minutes. I used the spatula to remove the cream. Hair wasn’t removed. Then I tried it on my left leg and this time I applied a greater amount of cream, thrice the amount of the first one and thick enough to hide the skin beneath. I almost consumed the bottle. I left if for 8 minutes. The hair was removed, but not all.

This makes me wonder what circumstances this makes a wise choice to use.

PROS:
-No more bumps from growing hair that irritates the skin from shaving.
-Softer growth (yet to experience)

CONS:
-Shaving is much cheaper
-Exposure to chemicals


I believe that this product would work better if I stayed the cream longer, but the instruction has strictly stated it should stay for 5-10 minutes only. The hair grows back quickly and I want to assume that it’s because I haven’t made the cream stay for a longer period of time. There is a tolerable stinging sensation that made me a bit nervous. I followed the instruction well, for it was my first time.

The first thing that caught my attention was the smell of the cream. I sniff the tube and I regret doing that. It smells awful like a chemical or hair dye they use in salon. Though after applying it, it’s bearable enough for me. It’s not that bad at all, there are other smells far worse than that.

...then gently use the head of the spatula to test a small area. If hair comes away easily, remove the rest of the cream with the spatula.”

This cream works by dissolving the hair. If you let it stay longer, imagine how it works and what it dissolves after.

I ended up shaving my legs.

Repurchase?
Yes. Someday.

Rate:
3.5/5

Veet Hair Removal Cream
Veet Hair Removal Cream Expiration Date



This is an impression of a first time user.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...