Monday, April 21, 2014

A Letter to a Cancer Victim

Part of me don't know what to say or what to do. I find myself struggling to fight tears yet sometimes too numb to feel anything. Worst, I become too frank or tactless about realities that I might sound pessimistic or harsh. Not that I'm letting anyone down. (It's just that, “Let's not kid ourselves”) I want to apologize for that though.

I just can't take the weakness. If only I can find the solutions myself, I will volunteer just to ease or finish the agony. I don't want to see you slowly withering, I don't want to see you in pain and I don't want to see you dying. I want you to still live, to enjoy life.

There's a part of me who wanted to be angry to those responsible of this unfair joke, but to whom? And to what? This is so unfair and much more heartbreaking whenever I remember your desire to live. I know you dream for adventures. I feel so hopeless. I feel so sad.

You strip me the opportunity of returning the kindness you've shared in my childhood. I still owe you different treats, birthday/cash gifts or any kind of pampering a growing child can bestow to his/her elders. You may have your part of wrong doings (any of us will anyway) but you deserve to live. I pray for God's mercy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...