Saturday, October 25, 2014

Nivea Extra White Repair Pore Minimiser Foam Whitening Review

Nivea Pore Minimiser Foam

I have seen this already in skincare sections of different stores. I just didn't put so much attention due to its label “10x whitening” even if the pore minimizer thingy is attractive. It's only due to my close friend who said it was doing well on her that made me grab it. The curiosity intensified when she said she received a lot of compliments like they're asking her what she did in her face and the likes.

I struggle with big pores. I just woke up one day realizing I have a lot of tiny little holes in the face. I was wondering if it's due to pimples that has been pricked. (But I don't really prick pimples). Perhaps it can also be due to sleeping without removing even minimal powder or foundation.

Removes Make up Claim

I am not using heavy make up so I'm not really sure of its ability to remove make up. I am not convinced it will totally remove though. There are still times that I feel the need to wash the face 3 times. Ah well you can blame me, I only use a tiny amount of this product as it lathers well.

It surprisingly gives an extra fresh and squeaky clean feeling compared to other facial wash. Even in the first wash it changes the texture of the face just like how Ponds work, but this is heavier and something I can tolerate. I've gotten used on how this product works and don't mind if it will become my everyday cleansing foam.

Tube and Cap of Nivea

There's a Need to Moisturize

I've read complaints of how drying it is. It is not superbly drying but you have to put a moisturizer in your face. It's okay with me as I have an oily face. I find myself using a moisturizer after using this unlike my old cleansers. There's no problem with that because moisturizing is a part of usual night regimen and I have a lot of moisturizer stocked and waiting to be used. Good thing is that Nivea provide a well clean face for application.

Packaging
It has a very nice sturdy packaging. It's just hard to squeeze the content but it can be an advantage at the same time as you can control how much product you want to use. The only flaw is the closing cap of this tube as water can find it's way inside.

Scent
It has a perfume scent that I am familiar with. I actually have that similar perfume before, I've just forgotten its name.

Swatch of Nivea

Personal Experience and Claims

This didn't gave me any breakouts. It works a bit better than my my old cleansers and could give a promising result as long as used consistently (meaning there's no skipping a day).

Sometimes I want to believe it minimizes my pores but of course you have to still combine this with other methods such as exfoliating, steam or peel off mask. There was a time when the big pores doesn't seem to shrink at all, then I realized the need to use a peel off mask because of the hard serum trapped in the pores. It was an oil build up I need to remove to fully make the other products to work its best.

The 10x whitening isn't scary at all. It doesn't whiten that much yet I feel somehow safe when using this. I really don't feel it's very harsh. Besides I trust the brand Nivea. The claim that it doesn't cause thinning of the skin is true in my experience.

Recommend? Yes. If you have big pores and oily skin, this might work for you. However, don't expect a miracle in a short span of time.

Repurchase? Someday.

Rate: 4/5


It is through a clean face where pores starts to shrink. Do you have big pores too?



16 comments:

  1. Same problem here. I have big pores. Might as well give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to give it a try!!! I'll look for it at Walmart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Nivea products but the perfume scent of this can aggravate my sensitive skin if ever I'll try this. Thanks for sharing the review and thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. I actually use this product and I don't think it's fragrant at all. In my own point of view,it's fragrance-free. If you want you can actually try the sachet variant which only costs about Php10.00 or maybe a peso or two higher. ;)

      Delete
    2. Ahm may fragrance ata siya sis... Kasi when I was using this, it has. I just don't know now. I appreciate your suggestion ^_^

      Delete
  4. Something new from Nivea? I'm using Nivea deo now, this might be additional product to use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure, it seems that I've already saw this before, but perhaps compared to other products, it's newer.

      Delete
  5. alam q n agad n aku tnu2koy mu dun z 1st paragraph n "close friend" :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yep this is actually effective .I got a lot of really tiny bumps on my forehead (i dont really know what they are, small pimples perhaps?) .after a week of usage, the tiny bumps went away and I only use it once a day. I've been using it for a month now and I loved it. Yep,it doesn't thin the skin cuz it doesn't contain AHA. However, w/in one month of usage, I feel a slight burninh sensation so I decided to just use it every other day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This makes me miss Nivea sis. I also currently have those tiny bumps now. I'm getting desperate to try something different from my recent facial wash that would remove my pimples fast. I didn't experience a burning sensation when I was using this.

      Delete
    2. Bakit po yung akin pumuti po yung face ko pero nagkaroon po ako ng pimples?

      Delete
    3. Hello Anon, maraming pwedeng dahilan kung bakit nagkakapimples after gumamit ng anti-pimples na products.

      Pwedeng nasobrahan mo yung pag gamit (maybe once a day, every other day,or twice a week mo na dapat gamitin). Pwede ding hindi mo hiyang, or nagkaskin irritation ka, matapang un product, hindi na siya currently suitable sa skin type mo, or weather/lifestyle change. Marami pwedeng dahilan. Better stop mo muna yung paggamit. You can still use it again someday to see how it will go.

      Delete
  7. Hello sis, nakakatanggal ba sya ng pimple marks and freckles? Gusto ko kasi sya ma-try sana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nakaisa o dalawang tube lang ako ms. Anon. Pumuti naman face ko nung ginamit ko siya.. I'm not sure kung nakakatanggal siya ng freckles but it 'might' kung matagal mong gagamitin. Okay naman sya sa pimple marks.

      Delete
  8. ano po pde ipartner sa nivea na pang alis po ng acne? any advice po

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try mo gumamit ng iwhite peel off mask or mud mask once or twice a week... Gamit ka din ng spot solution. Avoid food or activities na napapansin mong nagtitrigger ng pimples.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...