Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Liempo Pakunswelong Bobo



My second time eating a not so delicious liempo.
 
Liempo Pakunswelong Bobo

It was my Lola's hand holding the Mang Tomas sauce together with the liempo I bought.

Instagram before eating? By the way, I don’t know what instagram is since I’m lost in trends. Memoir before feast. I bought this one in front of Bauang Market hoping to have some hot liempo for dinner. I walked a long path and passed a lot of ihawan but find only one who sells liempo. I don’t want lechon manok.

Appetizing? I should have known by the time I saw the meat, the stall or roaster maybe. I don’t know how to call it. You know the house like where they grille the chicken and meat. What you see is what you get. I almost regret buying it. It costs P170 including Mang Tomas in sachet. Cheaper compared the one I buy in city which range around P180 – 200.  I’ll give it 1/5. Mapagtyatyagaan naman siya konti.

Dislikes
Some part of the meat seemed deprived of flavor. Maybe it’s not marinated well. The skin was burnt and not crispy (makunat) unlike the one I was used to. The meat is directly placed in styro without underlying paper, tissue or banana leaf.

Lesson learned?
Not all liempo is delicious. Learn to find the right store.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...